Duc Pham is building upon a legacy inspired by generosity. His story began in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and continued through his studies at Santa Rosa Junior College, eventually earning a bachelor’s degree and PhD from Cornell University. Duc is now an assistant professor at Santa Monica College, passing forward the gift of education to the next generation of students. What inspired his journey from student to teacher? Well, it all started with a single spark...
- 01:58 - If someone were visiting Ho Chi Minh City for the first time, what would you want them to experience?
- 02:45 - Duc shares his favorite vegan Vietnamese restaurant, Hoa Sen, in Orange County, California.
- 04:10 - Growing up, who were the most influential people in your life?
- 05:36 - What sparked the seed for you to study in the U.S.?
- 09:42 - How did you end up at Santa Rosa Junior College?
- 11:30 - Duc speaks of an instructor at SRJC who changed his life.
- 17:45 - Duc speaks of a quote from supreme court justice Sonia Sotomayor that resonated with him.
- 18:25 - Finding belonging as an international student.
- 21:03 - The stories you’ll tell at your 50th wedding anniversary
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Santa Rosa Junior College
Santa Monica College
Hoa Sen Restaurant
Orange County, California
Redwood Adventist Academy
Sonoma State University
Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota
Studying in the USA
Studying at a US community college
Attending US secondary and boarding schools
CONNECT WITH US
Find our Podcasts here